Welcome to SchwuZ – Nice to have you here!
We appreciate the many different people who make SchwuZentrum what it is. It simply can’t be colorful and diverse enough, which our vastly varied program confirms. Founded in 1977 as a place of rebellion and emancipation for gay men and women, today we work and celebrate as men and women, or neither, as queers, white people, beard girls, butches and femmes, blacks, persons of color, as persons with and without disabilities, migrants, young and old, trans* and intersex people and so much more. We are gay, lesbian, bisexual and asexual, and maybe even heterosexual. We want respectful relationships with one another – you should feel comfortable here, no matter who you are.
SchwuZ is not a place for:
- Sexual harassment and violence
- The wearing of fascist or racist symbols (e.g. Nazi symbols/swastikas)
You’re not alone: If you have experienced verbal abuse or physical assaults or violence, sexism, homo/transphobia, racism or ableism, do not hesitate to contact any employees at the bars/the cloakroom/from the night management or our door crew who have extensive discrimination training. If you need help: Counseling support and legal assistance can be found, for example LesMigraS (including lesbian counseling), StandUp (Schwulenberatung) and TrIQ (Trans*Inter*Queer) in Berlin.
Barrier-free spaces are important to us. For that reason, we have some things that facilitate access to SchwuZ events:
- The club is accessible to wheelchair users and has a barrier-free toilet.
- Berlin Pass holders receive a reduction for all SchwuZ-owned events and pay 6 EUR instead of the regular entrance fee.
- Drag policy: visitors in drag get free admission to all regular SchwuZ parties and the book show.
- Payment is only possible in cash at the bars. At the door you can pay cash or by card. An ATM is located in front of the venue, for those who need one.
Dialogue is important to us!
Do you have questions or comments about this statement? Write us an email at publicrelations/at/schwuz.de.
Here’s wishing you all a great time in our spaces,
Your SchwuZ team